Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings recently hit theaters, and it surprised everyone. Not only was it a critical hit, but its box office numbers changed the direction of theatrical releases for the rest of the year.
Next on the schedule for the MCU is Oscar-winning Chloé Zhao's Eternals, which is set to introduce the god-like race of Eternals to the MCU, alongside the Celestials they answer to. If the trailers are any indication, the film is set to be an epic on a scale unknown to the Marvel Universe.
With all the talk of the scale and grandiose nature of the movie, one has to wonder how long the film will be. Well, it seems like it will be longer than one of the biggest MCU films to date: Avengers Infinity War.
Eternals Runtime Revealed
According to Kino Metro, which is a Russian "Film Distributor Bulletin" based in Moscow, the upcoming film Eternals runtime is listed (at the time of this writing) as 156 minutes, which is 2 hours and 36 minutes.
Other movies listed on the site, such as Halloween Kills and The Last Duel have accurate runtimes listed ahead of time, so it's likely a safe bet to say that this is an accurate number—though, it's important to note that it isn't final just yet.
If this length is accurate, Eternals would clock in at 7 minutes longer than Avengers: Infinity War, making it the second-longest MCU film to date. The lengths of all Marvel Studios films are listed below:
- Iron Man - 2 hours, 6 minutes
- The Incredible Hulk - 1 hour, 52 minutes
- Iron Man 2 - 2 hours, 4 minutes
- Thor - 1 hour, 55 minutes
- Captain America: The First Avenger - 2 hours, 4 minutes
- The Avengers - 2 hours, 23 minutes
- Iron Man 3 - 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Thor: The Dark World - 1 hour, 52 minutes
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 2 hours, 16 minutes
- Guardians of the Galaxy - 2 hours, 1 minute
- Avengers: Age of Ultron - 2 hours, 21 minutes
- Ant-Man - 1 hour, 57 minutes
- Captain America: Civil War - 2 hours, 27 minutes
- Doctor Strange - 1 hour, 55 minutes
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 2 hours, 16 minutes
- Spider-Man: Homecoming - 2 hours, 13 minutes
- Thor: Ragnarok - 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Black Panther - 2 hours, 14 minutes
- Avengers: Infinity War - 2 hours, 29 minutes
- Ant-Man & the Wasp - 1 hour, 58 minutes
- Captain Marvel - 2 hours, 3 minutes
- Avengers: Endgame - 3 hours, 1 minute
- Spider-Man: Far From Home - 2 hours, 9 minutes
- Black Widow - 2 hours, 14 minutes
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - 2 hours, 12 minutes
Eternals Is Longer Than Avengers: Infinity War
While it doesn't quite match up with Avengers: Endgame's insane length, Eternals seems to be quite the chunky film—especially with it being the first showing of these characters. Marvel Studios is clearly a lot better at gauging these heroes' success, and how much the world will love them.
The film has been teased to take place across all of the time, from eons ago to modern-day, two-and-a-half hours will likely feel like too little time in the end. Add the all-star cast that Eternals has, then it's pretty easy to see why Marvel Studios is so confident in this venture.
With all the talk about the Eternals themselves, it's hard to forget that fans will also meet Kit Harrington, aka Dane Whitman, who will go on to play the character Black Knight—who is bound to be an Avenger at some point in the future.
Fans don't have long to wait to see all of this for themselves, as Eternals will be hitting theaters on November 5 later this year.