Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has been a major success for Marvel Studios, proving Disney's "experiment" paid off .
So far, the film has topped the year's box office , but staggering numbers from Thursday previews for Venom: Let There Be Carnage could be early signs that the MCU flick is set to be dethroned. Nevertheless, Shang-Chi has still resonated with fans and critics alike , being a landmark for representation in the film industry.
Shang-Chi's future in the MCU is bright, with a post-credits scene affirming his importance to the universe and Tony Leung's Wenwu potentially still on the cards down the line. While audiences wait for the next appearance from Simu Liu's Master of Kung Fu, Marvel Studios has provided some behind-the-scenes glimpses at how some of the sequences were made.
Now, fans can find out when exactly they can get their own copy of the film, in addition to what they can expect from Shang-Chi' s cutting room floor.
Shang-Chi's Many Deleted Scenes
Via Decider Managing Editor Alex Zalben , Marvel Studios revealed that Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings will release on all major digital platforms on November 12 in tandem with its release on Disney+ .
The MCU film will be available on DVD and Blu-ray on November 30 of this year, with the cover artwork for the 4K Ultra HD release depicting Simu Liu's titular hero bearing the Ten Rings:
Also included with these home media releases are a selection of bonus features, including a gag reel, an audio commentary with director Destin Daniel Cretton and screenwriter David Callaham, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and 11 deleted scenes as follows:
- "They're Waiting" - Shang-Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
- "Take a Shot" – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
- "Apology" – Years after his sudden absence, Shang-Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
- "I'm Here" - Shang-Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang-Chi that she will always be his support system.
- "Pep Talk" – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
- "Greatness" – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
- "Escape Tunnel" – The gang slips out through Trevor's escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
- "Two Sons" – Xu Wenwu compares Shang-Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
- "Postcard" - Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang-Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu's philosophy.
- "Just Friends" - Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
- "Do It Yourself" – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
Shang-Chi and the Cutting Room Floor
Deleted scenes are always an exciting part of a Marvel Studios film's life cycle, being able to explore what could have been for a project. These scenes appear to explore a wide range of characters throughout the film, from Simu Liu's titular hero to Ben Kingsley's Trevor Slattery.
One character that seems to get more of a spotlight in the deleted scenes is Razor Fist, who is prominently featured in at least two of the cut material. Florian Munteanu, who portrays the blade-armed character, previously teased that more of his character's backstory will be touched upon in the bonus features.
The actor mentioned that Wenwu "gave [Razor Fist] a new life and purpose and a home," which will likely be explored in the scene titled "Two Sons." Getting more insight into Razor Fist's past will be welcome, especially since this seems to be positioning him as somewhat of a foil to Shang-Chi.
While waiting for a home release, fans can rewatch Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings in theaters now.