Aeron Mer Eclarinal
MCU and STAR WARS Writer
Favorite MCU Movie: Captain America: Civil War
The one that stands out for me is Captain America: Civil War because it hit me hard emotionally due to the rift between the Avengers, who I look up to (particularly Iron Man and Captain America). Moreover, I love how fulfilling the airport battle scene is because I get to see a lot of characters fight and exchange quips which definitely feels like a comic book catharsis for me.
Favorite MCU Character: Steve Rogers
My favorite MCU character is none other than Steve Rogers because I love how brave he is in terms of doing the right thing even if odds are stacked against him. His bravery in terms of taking the leap and fighting 'til the end gave me a reason to not give up on whatever life throws at me.
Why I joined The Direct...
I joined The Direct because I want to learn more about the craft and I want to have an outlet where I can showcase my passion for the superhero genre. I'd love to write more about theories that come in to my mind about the upcoming MCU releases and I believe that The Direct is the perfect outlet for that. I think that writing for The Direct will help me become a better writer and I'm excited for the challenge and the thrills when it comes to covering all things related to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Aeron Mer's Articles
Aeron Mer's Thoughts
- Given that Doctor Strange 2 is further down the line, I'm guessing that WandaVision will not premiere in December. The show has massive ties into that movie and it would be smart for Marvel Studios to hold off on releasing the Disney+ series. It will disappoint fans but it would be a wise move in terms of the overall storytelling.
- I think Sonny Burch would be the character to tie up loose ends in terms of the villain aspect of the Ant Man franchise. We still don't know who is "the benefactor" that he was referring to in Ant Man and The Wasp, and his connections to this certain figure might play out in the third installment of the franchise. Could this be MODOK after all? I guess we'll find out.
- I must admit that I was geeking out when writing this article. I'm down for the Russos and RDJ to return in a potential Secret Wars film down the road. It has the potential to rival Avengers: Endgame. I can already hear the fans cheering inside the movie theater when they see RDJ return as Iron Man! Inject Secret Wars into my veins!
- I think it's high time for Captain Marvel to lead the "New Avengers" moving forward. After the mixed reactions to her first movie, I think that a good Captain Marvel sequel can win the fans back much like what Captain America: The Winter Soldier did to the Captain America character. However, it will be up to the directors who will handle the sequel but I trust Marvel Studios with their choice.
- This is a toss up between Captain Marvel and Sam Wilson. I think that the leadership will change for every upcoming Avengers film and will be based on the threat that they are facing. If the villain is Earth based, I could see Sam leading the team. If the villain is cosmic based, Carol will be the one leading the team.
- Over time, I learned to love the James Rhodes character. He served as a great ally to Tony Stark throughout the Infinity Saga and it was heartbreaking to see their last interaction during Tony's death in Avengers: Endgame. I just hope that we get to explore more about the character in a post-Blip world since it has a lot of potential.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is already a massive movie to begin with. Adding a well acclaimed actress like Natasha Lyonne is a huge addition that brings more excitement to the film! Whether if her potential role is an ally or a villain, I'm pretty much intrigued with her dynamic with Cumberbatch's Strange.
- I'm excited to see Natasha take a step back when it comes to her first solo film. Seeing her back against the wall with no other Avenger to help is an opportunity for the character to dig deep within her. On top of that, I'm intrigued to know her motivations when it comes to reuniting with her first family.
- Ah! I love this. Including Atlantis as part of the montage during the early part of the film is a wise set up. Another possible option is for the characters to use Atlantis as one of the settings for a big fight scene similar to what Avengers: Age of Ultron did with Wakanda. This could further motivate Namor to show up and introduce himself to some of our Marvel heroes.
- For the most part, I think The Eternals is the MCU film that will not be delayed. The one key takeaway for this news is that there is continuous progress amid the current outbreak. Let's just hope that coordination between the director and the VFX team goes smoothly, even if it will be mostly remote moving forward.
- I always loved Taskmaster's suit even if some fans are not fond of it. I wonder if this is the first version of his costume that would later evolve into different suits down the line. Taskmaster could pay homage to the Avengers by wearing new suits for every film that he will be included in the future.
- I have expected it but it's just unfortunate. I wonder if this will affect other MCU properties knowing the interconnectivity between them. While Black Widow is a prequel, it has been confirmed to plant some seeds in the future of the MCU. Let's just hope that Marvel Studios has a back up plan for an unprecedented event like this.
- While I'm excited to explore the dynamic between Peter Parker and Matt Murdock, I'm even more intrigued as to how Marvel Studios will address the continuity of the Daredevil character. The lingering question in my mind would be the existence of other Defenders in this post blip world. I can't wait for this rumor to be addressed in the future.
- Given that production for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is in its earliest stages, I would be fine if the entire production gets delayed. I’m more concerned with the cast and crew of the film. I also salute Shang-Chi Director Destin Cretton for taking the initiative to get tested and take caution.