Favorite MCU Movie: The Avengers
I love this movie. Aside from being a pivotal milestone for the MCU, proving to everyone that a shared cinematic universe could work, The Avengers is a fantastically fun film. Whedon wrote an airtight script, featuring really fun character interactions and one of the most exciting final act battles in any superhero film. The 360 shot of the Avengers assembling for the first time as Alan Silvestri’s score swells will never not give me chills. This was the movie that made me realize how lucky I was to be a fan of the MCU, and there was no turning back from there.
Favorite MCU Character: Doctor Strange
The Sorceror Supreme. Master of the Mystic Arts. The owner of a broken watch because it's a metaphor. He can do cool spells and fly and time travel and walk through portals and astral project and make little orange hand shields and do surgery! Go back and watch his fight scene against Thanos and tell me he's not your favorite too.
Why I Joined The Direct?
I joined because I'm really passionate about writing, and I'm a huge fan of the MCU, so wanting to write for a website like The Direct was a no-brainer. I'm excited to gain more experience and put my obsessive knowledge of the MCU to good use alongside a team of really cool people.
- It would be cool to see a bit of the history of Thanos in The Eternals for a cameo or something like that, but as far as anything more substantial, I think they should leave the character be for awhile. Though if Marvel reveals they've found a compelling way to bring the character back for a future film, well who am I to disagree with them?
- I'm glad to hear that not only is work continuing on a Disney+ show that I'm very excited for, but that some animators and series productions are able to continue working during all of this. I have no doubt they're doing fantastic stuff on this show, and I cannot wait to find out all the fun twists they have in store for us!
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is one of my favorite Marvel movies, and I really enjoy hearing James Gunn share insider information about the film. As much as I would have loved to see the line, I'm not surprised it wasn't included in the final film, but it is fun to hear that they entertained the idea for so long.
- I am a huge fan of the Young Avengers. America Chavez is one of my favorite Marvel superheroes, and I have always wanted to see the team make their big-screen debut. I'm also very curious about which writers are being considered for such a project. I really wish I could be in that pitch room, but knowing Marvel, they'll pick the exact right team to helm the Young Avengers.
- This is an incredibly exciting piece of news for me! I love learning about all the different actors considered for roles in films, and I am a huge fan of Jessica Chastain's work. Though she would have shined as Christine Palmer, I am glad she held out for something bigger, because I would love to see the actress as a Marvel superhero some day.