MCU, STAR WARS, and DCU Writer
Favorite MCU Movie: Avengers: Infinity War
This movie had absolutely everything. A fantastic and fluent story, incredible action, serious stakes, one of the best villains ever brought to the big screen, and just so much fun throughout the course of the movie. Filled with multiple standing ovation-worthy moments and an ending that dropped jaws to the floor, it was as close to perfection as anything that's come out of the MCU to date.
Favorite MCU character: Spider-Man
The first Spider-Man movie from 2002 was my introduction to the Marvel world as a kid, and the web-slinger has always been a character I’ve connected with, even more so through his introduction into the MCU. He may not be the biggest or fastest or strongest, but he just always wants to do whats right and help those in need, which anybody in our world can relate to.
Why I joined The Direct:
I’ve come to love being a content creator and writer, especially for anything related to Marvel, and The Direct is an incredible opportunity to reach an even bigger fanbase that has the same passion for the MCU as I do. I’m looking forward to improving my skills as a writer and journalist through my work and having the chance to be one of the sources that breaks the very news I love hearing about every day!
- Marvel has always taken a stand through trying times like the ones we're in right now, and all we can do is try to stay away from violence toward others and make our voices heard peacefully. No lives are worth losing, and things are already tough enough without destructive riots endangering even more people.
- I love how candid Chris Evans has always been regarding his time in the MCU. Even while Cap is one of the most iconic Marvel heroes and deserves his time in the spotlight, Evans seems incredibly conscious that he can't stay around forever. Avengers: Endgame finished Cap's story beautifully and we're lucky to have had Evans for as long as we did!
- This design would have made for a WAY different Hydro-Man, maybe one that Peter would have been able to interact with in more ways than just beating the snot out of him with buildings. The final look in the movie was still visually exciting and made for a couple of awesome action sequences in Venice.
- While this may not bring the immediate debut of the X-Men, Marvel is clearly trying to lay the groundwork for their arrival in the future. It will be exciting to see how Madripoor is utilized after The Falcon and The Winter Soldier's first season and how long it will be until its return with mutants!
- This is a big-time bummer for anyone that wanted Daredevil as Spidey's lawyer in the sequel, myself included. Nothing's ever over until it's officially over, but it would definitely be a disappointment should this stay the case. Hopefully things will become more clear through the summer once the pandemic is over and the future brightens up.
- What a run for Chris Evans. When you take into account that this man rejected the role as many times as he did, we were so lucky to get such a masterful bunch of performances. Evans embodied the spirit of Captain America more than anybody could've imagined, and he deserves every bit of praise coming his way!
- There's no moment like an actor's first day on a new project, especially in the MCU. Seeing established vets like Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans welcome in Brie Larson with literal open arms is the kind of thing MCU fans love to see. Just can't wait for more set videos like this to come once Phase 4 begins filming again!
- THIS. LOOKS. AWESOME! It's gonna sound crazy, but I don't even really care what led up to this shot in the script. Benedict Cumberbatch would have looked as cool in the Iron Man armor as Robert Downey, Jr. looked in the Cloak of Levitation, and this undoubtedly would have induced screams of excitements seeing it in the film. I hope they release it as a deleted scene in the future!
- This doesn't come as a surprise, and at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more of these delays to come before things are really set in stone. 2022 is now going to be even more jam-packed than expected, and it will be interesting to see how exactly the timeline works with all the flip-flopping!
- Natasha Romanoff's story has largely been a side-plot until now, and with her first solo movie on the way, it deserves as much depth and insight as possible. It will be exciting seeing exactly what she's doing in the moment running from the UN, but I hope the movie does Nat justice and fully fleshes out her story.
- This would be such an exciting story to explore by having a reincarnation for the Asgardians. Nothing is really known about Love & Thunder's plot yet, but seeing Thor leading a new generation of his people would be an interesting new challenge for him to tackle after defeating Thanos. Curious to see if Heimdall will really be at his side again!
- Unfortunately, this doesn't come as much of a shock, although it doesn't confirm for sure that production will be delayed. This is an unprecedented health crisis we all have to deal with, and all we can do is hope for the best. Hopefully we'll get lucky and get news of production still starting this July.
- Music is an enormous part of my life, and this list has some absolute gems on it! Three Dog Night, Queen, Stevie Wonder, David Bowie, and so many more of the all-time greats with some of the best music to jam to. Even when the Corona-madness ends, I'll be rocking out to this list on a regular basis. Thank you James Gunn!
- These 2 revelations aren't a surprise, but still open up plenty of discussion. Gunn has made his mark on the MCU with the Guardians franchise, and anticipation is growing for Vol. 3 regardless. In terms of who will die, it will make for an exciting reveal when the movie releases! So many interesting possibilities to choose from!
- Phase 4 is so jam-packed that it seems near impossible for Avengers 5 to be imminent. With everything confirmed, there are at least 5 sequels and 4 new franchises on the way in theatres, along with multiple Disney+ mini-series. Whenever it gets here though, it will be absolute massive with the all-new team!